“Emotional Intelligence is consciously choosing thoughts, feeling, and actions to get optimal results in your relationship with yourself and others.” ( Six Seconds)
Most people think that emotional Intelligence will help them control negative emotions. It is not, Emotional Intelligence will help you to see that emotion are asset.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IS NOT A “SILVER BULLET,” IT WILL NOT FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEM AND IS NOT ALL THERE IS TO GREAT LEADERSHIP. GREAT LEADERSHIP REQUIRES EXCELLENCE IN MANY AREAS – STRATEGY, EXECUTION, DISCIPLINE, INNOVATION, ANALYSIS.BEING SMART ABOUT FEELINGS MAY NOT EVEN BE THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE OF THESE, BUT IT CERTAINLY IS THE ONE THAT’S GOTTEN THE LEAST ATTENTION AND SO CAUSES MANY OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS.
What are the competencies of Six Seconds EQ?
- Everyone has feelings – all the time. What are yours? Not just the obvious ones, but the ones hiding in the background?
- Remember that emotions are data. They’re chemical signals to help us handle threats and opportunities.
- When a situation just starts to heat up, “press the pause button.” Take a big breathe. Get some water. Say, “Let me think about this for a moment.” There are very few situations that actually require an instant reaction.
- Remember you have many options. Sometimes it’s hard to see those. You can change your thoughts, engage new feelings, experiment with new actions. You might not have “the perfect solution,” but you do have possibilities!
- There’s always more to the story. When people do or say something annoying, get curious: What’s really going on here?
- Your choices matter. The way you respond effects others, and effects you — so you effect the future. What’s the effect you want to have?
- For more on this, here are tips and activities for living a purpose driven life.
To Learn more on Six Seconds EQ :http://www.6seconds.org/